Thursday, August 28, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter...

As Katelyn continues to grow and her little personality starts to come out, it's interesting to notice little behaviors in her that I have also noticed in Jared. Since I have known him, Jared has always slept with the covers over his head...I can't stand having anything on my face when I'm sleeping, but Jared always prefers to 'burrow'- as he calls it :). Well, Katie seems to appreciate covers on her face as well. If I can't seem to get her to sleep sometimes I can give her the blankey-bunny, or even just a washcloth, she will take it and put it on her face...then fall asleep! I remember getting the 3D ultrasound done and the technician saying she couldn't get a clear shot of Katie's face because Katie kept chewing on her cord and covering up her face with it :). It's all coming together now! Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed in her videos she is always squeezing her little hands. She loves to squeeze stuff all of the time. Jared's mom and sister love to tell about how when Jared was a baby he loved to squeeze his plastic pants. I'm sure he was squeezing everything like Katie does. Today her squeezing turned to pinching while I was feeding her...it was a tad bit less cute than her normal squeezing :).






You can see the cord in front of her face!

1 comment:

Keri said...

That is so adorable. Its so funny how they try to find ways to mimic the womb to feel more comfortable out in the big world.She is so cute how old she is now?im glad you guys are having a blast with your little princess.