Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CAMEL CRICKETS



I have found two of these vile creatures in my home in the past two weeks. The first one was small and easy to eliminate on my kitchen floor. The second was a giant beast of a cricket, hiding in my bathroom closet...just waiting for me to open up the door- which practically gave me heart failure the minute I laid eyes on it. We have a pretty small bathroom, with the closet door and the bathroom door right next to each other. I was trying to put a blanket in the closet, so I had a kitchen chair in there (as I needed to store it high up in the closet). Anywho, I got myself wedged in the bathroom with the chair, opened the closet door and there it was, sitting there on my ironing board, mocking me. Poor Katie was outside the bathroom door, innocently chatting, waiting for me to come out. I watched the stupid thing in horror for 5 minutes...trying to get up the courage to kill it. I finally sprayed it with hair spray and ran out of the bathroom. After a quick 911 call to Jared, I finally realized that I could not live with that monster in my house. I marched into the bathroom, armed with my broom. Unfortunately, Katie followed me in and was caught in the middle of my battle with the stupid camel cricket.

Long story short, I screamed a lot, the cricket jumped on my baby, which prompted me to finally kill it. It took years off of my life and I think Katie is afraid of the bathroom now. I know I'm lame.

I hate camel crickets.

1 comment:

Jeffrey and Monica said...

Funny story! I would have done the same thing, bugs in my house creep me out. I don't know why, they are so small but soooo creepy!