Sunday, June 21, 2009

Holiday World

Yesterday Katelyn was lucky enough to visit Holiday World amusement park, in Santa Clause, Indiana. We caravanned up there with McGrandpa, Uncle Michael and Cousin Nolan. After a short detour (complete with a beautiful view of a covered bridge) McGrandpa's GPS took us through some rustic charm of Indiana, which actually managed to let us by-pass most of the incoming traffic.

We spent the whole day there and it was a blast. I was skeptical as to how much Katie would actually enjoy it, but she LOVED it. She loved the rides, she loved the water park, she loved it all. We really had a wonderful time- and it was the only time I enjoyed an amusement park on a Saturday, packed with people, on a hot summer day, because I loved seeing how much Katelyn was having fun. I didn't care about long lines, or riding all the rides...it was all about Katie and it was great. I loved seeing her smiling and laughing and enjoying herself. Jared and I loved it. A huge Thank you to McGrandpa for making this all happen. I hope we will be able to do this every year!

*Viewers beware: Jared and I know we are a pasty, doughy shade of white, some pictures might be offensive to you tan people. I will say, no matter how much sunscreen we put on (and we put on a TON) we all still managed to get pretty burnt.

Katie waiting in the car while we prepped for the drive up to Holiday World.





Katelyn mad at having to wait in line- not mad that it is hot, humid and steamy...just mad that she has to wait in line with the masses ;)






























Katie was spent after a whole day at the park. She was almost asleep in the stroller as we walked back to the car. She held out as long as she could- she was out before we even left the parking lot :)



Videos:
In this video: Katie loved the splash pad at the water park...it was probably her favorite part of the day ;)



2 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

This looks like so much fun! We have been wanting to go, but we were scared Karter would hate it and we would be miserable. You give us hope that it might work. All of the pics and videos are cute! She is getting so grown up!

MjM said...

What a great afternoon! Great pictures.

Nolan and I enjoyed having you join us for the "fastest of the day" slide. :]