Anyway, so what's 'ole Jared up to these days? Well, he's wrecking down walls (half-walls, at least).
I now present to you Pretending to Be A Carpenter, by Jared McCammon.
Our house has an addition on the back of it, a 350+/- sq. ft. room and a small laundry room. I've already done more work back there then I want to think about right now drywalling all the walls and ceiling and all that entails. Anyway, the only way to out there is through the kitchen so we wanted to make a new entryway in place of what used to be a window. So one side of the wall is drywall, and the other side is brick. That required more physical work to get out then I anticipated. But its all out. After that it wasn't so bad. Not finished yet - I have to extend the flooring out to the edge and get a transition piece on then end. Then paint again and finish baseboards.
I've also been finishing the drywall in the laundry room. I hung it a few months ago - Annie has loved the half-finished room, for sure. So that was job #1 to get done before she gets back from vacation. Almost there - just have to paint and get everything put back. So drywall dust is why I'm all dirty in some of the pictures.
Well, the pictures didn't post in the right order but I don't feel like messing with it. To sum it up - a lot of work, a lot of sweat, a few Diet Dr. Peppers, and hopefully a satisfactory result. Anyway, time for a shower!! Then bed!!!
1 comment:
Wow, that does look like a lot of work! It looks really good, nice job!
Post a Comment